Civil engineering is all about finding solutions to help shape a perfect world around us. The word civil itself originates from Latin word ‘civis’ meaning citizen. Civil engineering is not restricted to building structures that inspire awe. In addition to structural engineering, civil engineering spreads out to diverse domains like surveying, environmental engineering, earthquake engineering, geotechnical engineering, and transportation engineering, among others. Take for example the recently completed Commonwealth games at Glasgow. At the games, civil engineers were responsible for construction, enabling works, transportation, water, waste and energy works.
What Will You Learn?
- The objectives of this program can be summarized in the following main points:
- Enhancing the skills of road construction engineers in their field
- Introduction to road construction materials
- Determination of engineering properties of road materials
- Quality control and quality assurance in road construction
Chapter1 Advanced Concrete Structure
Chapter 2 Advanced Techniques of Road Construction
Chapter 3 Advanced Geotechnical Engineering