Diploma in Diabetology basically focuses on the fundamental aspects of Diabetology and Endocrinology and provides students with detailed knowledge about Diabetes such as its causes, diagnosis and its prevention. This course is well suited to those students who want to perform some research in the field of Diabetology and Medicine and are interested in finding better drugs which can cure the lethal disease such as Diabetes. Students seeking admission to Diploma in Diabetology course should possess various skills such as Creative bent of mind, analytical and logical skills and they must have a curious mind to excel in this field.
What Will You Learn?
- After completing this course, the student will be able to;
- Manage diabetic problems
- Know how to identify patients at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes, and how to reduce their chance of progression to diabetes
- Be able to recognise and manage diabetic ketoacidosis in adults
- Know how to start insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes in primary care
- Know how to screen for and treat microvascular complications of diabetes
Recognition and Assessment of Insulin Resistance
Types of Diabetes and Their Implications Regarding Heart and Vascular Disease
Hypertension, Diabetes, and the Heart
Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes, and the Heart
The Coagulation and Fibrinolytic Systems, Diabetes, and the Heart: Therapeutic Implications for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes