Analysis of financial statements for evaluating firm performance and risk Topics include interpretation of financial statements and footnotes, managers’ incentives for earnings manipulation, comparative analysis of firms, and ethics in financial reporting.
What Will You Learn?
- The objective of this course is to understand how to read, interpret, and analyze financial statements. Throughout the course, we will use the financial statements of several real companies to illustrate concepts. Specifically, we will:
- • Study the interrelationships between financial statement line items
- Use ratio analysis to understand and compare firms
- Understand accounting disclosures
- Use accounting disclosures to adjust financial statements
- Forecast future earnings using accounting disclosures
- Value a firm using forecasts
Chapter 1 Course Introduction
Chapter 2 Accounting Refresh
Chapter 3 Introduction to financial statements
Chapter 4 Common-size analysis