Library management system is all about organizing, managing the library and library-oriented tasks. It also involves maintaining the database of entering new books and the record of books that have been retrieved or issued, with their respective dates.
What Will You Learn?
- After taking this course, students will be able to demonstrate understanding of:
- Current issues relevant to the management of libraries and information centers, and
- Develop strategies to address these issues in practice.
- Basic management theories, terminology and methods.
- Leadership, team dynamics and interpersonal communication skills.
- Theories and processes involved in managing personnel, resources, facilities and
- Management challenges unique to diverse information environments.
- The library management research literature, and develop the skills to contribute to it.
Chapter 1Overview of Library Management
Chapter 2 Legislation Policies and Mission Statements
Chapter 3 Program Assessment